An excerpt from Matthew Paul Turner’s book The Christian Culture Survival Guide, featuring more than 40 lists that focus on the culture that sometimes makes us go, “huh?”
5 Questions You Never Want A Pastor To Ask On The First Sunday
1) "What did you think of my sermon this morning, young man?"--One pastor
from Tacoma Park, MD asked me this question. I looked at him very nonchalantly and said, "What sermon?"
2) "So do you think you'll be coming back next Sunday?"--This question
sounds desperate. If you ever have a pastor ask you this, respond very
excitedly with your own question: "Are you going to be preaching?" Then just
3) "Do you believe in tithing?"--I must say, I have never been asked this
particular question, but a friend of mine has, and I can certainly see why
he didn't go to that particular church again.
4) "Can I come visit you sometime this week?"--NO!
5) "You want to step into my office?"--Not on the first visit
If you have a funny, clean church-related story or joke, please email it to us at Church Chatter.